Friday, January 16, 2009

January 2009


I can’t believe the date is now 2009! It seems like just yesterday I was graduating high school and agonizing over which college to attend. That was 9 years ago! I’m starting to feel old. :) It’s pretty crazy to look back over the last 9 years and see what has transpired in my life; it’s not the road I would have imagined, but then God is the one directing my steps regardless of the plans I make (Proverbs 16:9).

My road is taking another turn that I didn’t plan when I began my training with New Tribes Mission. I officially graduated from the MTC (Missionary Training Center) on December 19th; however, I am headed back to Missouri in a couple of days after spending Christmas break here at my parents’ house in Texas. This last semester I became more interested in further study in linguistics; the MTC offers a course which includes roughly 5 months of study in Missouri and then a 7 week practicum in Oklahoma. There are limited spaces, and although the program was full in August, the Lord opened up a spot for me in November. After praying and seeking counsel, I decided to take the spot. So the plan is to be in Missouri until May and then, Lord willing, spend the summer in Atascadero, CA. Towards the end of August, I will head to Oklahoma for the 7 week Cherokee practicum, which puts me finishing the training some time in October.

What will the next step be after that? I am asking myself the same question. :) Will you continue to pray with me for direction for the future? I am open to whatever the Lord might have—whether it’s a “support” ministry or a tribal church planting ministry. I would truly appreciate your prayers for patience, wisdom and steadfast faith as I continue to seek the Lord and His will for my life.

I trust this finds you all looking forward to what God wants to do in and through you in the coming year! In a time when many things seem uncertain, it’s a comfort to know that God is in control, and we can trust Him—regardless of the circumstances.

“For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding. And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light.”
Colossians 1:9-12

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home