Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Summer 2008

Just wanted to give a short update on what's been going on with me this summer. I arrived here in Atascadero, California, in time for my church's annual service in the park. It was crazy running around and saying hello to everyone after being gone for one year—crazy but FUN! My dad was with me, and my brother and his girlfriend came down from the Bay Area; it was great spending time with family. We all missed my mom, though!

I have spent the last month and a half working and catching up with LOTS of people. I told someone the other day that all I've done since I arrived is EAT and TALK. There are worse things! I have really enjoyed reconnecting with everyone. I've enjoyed it so much the time has flown by… I can't believe it's already mid July.

God was faithful to provide a job for me. I've been working for a company called SevnOne; it's owned by a couple of guys from my church (Atascadero Bible Church). These guys have a heart to reach youth through extreme sports and the arts, and this year they started a camp to do just that. They needed someone to take care of last-minute details and purchases, and I needed a job, so we're all happy!

I know I have mentioned my trip to the Czech Republic. I can't believe it's just around the corner! There are eight of us on the team; we will partner with a Czech church to run a week-long English camp. You will probably remember I took a similar trip two years ago, and I'm excited to return and reconnect with some of my students and (of course) meet new people. We return August 5th, and shortly after I will head back to Missouri for my final semester at the Missionary Training Center.

I would love it if you would join our team in prayer for the next two weeks in the Czech Republic; here are some specifics:

**Pray for safe travels.

**Pray we would display the love of Christ in our interactions with each other and with the Czechs.

**Pray God would open the hearts of the Czech people to the message of Christ and His gospel.

I'll post an update (and pictures, of course) when we get back! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home