Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Missouri or England?

This is the question that occupies my thoughts day and night. So, back up... Last week my missions pastor and the missions committee at my church gave me the go-ahead for the NTM training in the fall. I have been working towards this goal, and now that it's before me, I'm struggling with the decision.

Around here, the standard response I get is, "Hmmm... Doesn't seem like much of a decision to me--ENGLAND or Missouri." That's the way they say it. Of course, Europe seems so glamorous to everyone; they conjure up images of folks bundled up in sweaters drinking tea in quaint stone cottages dotted along the lush English countryside.

I am attempting to put all of that aside and focus on what's important--what is the best fit for me and my possible future ministry. I am leaning towards staying in the US for various reasons but haven't yet finalized it in my mind and heart.

If anyone happens to read this, please pray. :) Pray that I wouldn't drive myself insane in this process; there are so many unknowns--even beyond the training. I am open to going and doing whatever God wants. I feel like I've been saying that for years, and some clear direction would be SO nice.

Cheerio...

3 Comments:

Blogger The Toplovs said...

I have been praying for you and am excited that your church is fully behind you.

11:32 AM  
Blogger soulreavers said...

Glad to hear that you have a green light to go...sucks that you have that kind of decision though. I hate those. They are right and wrong but good and good. Good luck, I'll be praying for you.

6:11 PM  
Blogger aubrey payne said...

i have to remind myself not to give you my opinion, you already know what that is. hehe...so i will just pray that you will have peace during this proccess of decision making and choose what the LORD has for you.

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home